Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Proud Mommy Moment

Haven't we all had days where our kids do something, something that we have taught them from the time they were very little with the hope that it will "stick", and when we either see them do it or someone tells us what they did and we feel like maybe, just maybe we are doing something right?! Well, I had one of those days yesterday.

Last night, the girls and I headed to a friend's house for dinner and to watch the beginning of the Sugar bowl. Mike was lucky enough to actually BE at the Sugar Bowl! We visited, ate, and the kids played until time to head home for baths and bed. As we were driving back, Macie and I were talking about her day at school and I asked her if she had fun eating lunch and watching a movie in her classroom. (Students with good behavior each month get to do this as a special treat with the teacher). She told me that it was a lot of fun and went on to tell me a little story, which made me so proud of her. She said, "Mommy, my friend and I were the only ones that brought our lunch, so we had to wait in the classroom while the other kids went to the lunch line. We got our lunches out and I asked her if she went to church. She said yes and so I asked her if she wanted to pray with me for our meal." She went on to say that the little girl agreed and Macie led them in a quick prayer before they started eating lunch.

How great is that?! It's something so simple. Something we do at home each night as a family. And she not only wanted to pray over her meal, but she also used the opportunity to witness and pray with a little friend. I was so proud of her. She's such a sweet little girl - we are so blessed to have her!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

3 comments: