Thursday, July 7, 2011

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!

Sing it with me - I know you are! :)

We had our first family pictures taken tonight since having Mabrie. Yes, that's right, she's almost 1 year old, and we are just now getting around to having pictures taken with all 5 of us. To make it worse, she's 10 months old and the last professional pictures we had taken of her were her NEWBORN pictures! How awful am I?! I snap pictures of her all the time at home, but there's nothing that can take the place of good, professional pictures and I totally dropped the ball there.

So, tonight we had our great friend, Drew Hill and his sweet wife (and assistant - HA!), Emily, meet us and take our pics before they move to Dallas, TX this weekend. (I really don't like typing that last part). It was sweltering. We met them at 7:00 p.m. and it was still 103 degrees. Thankfully, there was a breeze, so that helped. Drew snapped pictures for an hour and got a ton of great shots of the girls and the family. Mabrie did awesome. I was a little worried that she wouldn't cooperate because her bedtime is around 7:30, and usually by that time of night, she is just done. But, she really did well. We started with her individual pictures and she just grinned and acted so sweet! I was so thankful.

Macie and Maddie looked just adorable, too. They LOVE having their pictures taken, and were posing and smiling like they were on America's Next Top Model! HA!

By the end of our session, I could literally feel the sweat dripping down my back. Hopefully that doesn't show up in the pictures. Thank goodness for editing software, huh? :)

I'm excited to see the preview shots and share them with y'all! Drew is really an awesome photographer and an even better friend! He and Emily will be missed, that's for sure. Thanks to you both for a great time tonight and for sweating it out with us to get some pictures that we will always treasure!

Be on the lookout for a post with the preview link! Should be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment