Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life at Warp Speed

I just looked at my blog and realized it's been a month and a half since our last post. And that's not because there's been a lack of things to blog about, but because for the past few weeks our lives have been nothing short of a whirlwind! Several times I've wanted to sit down and just collect my thoughts, but either I haven't had the time or I haven't had the motivation to do so.

Long story, very short - we bought a new home!! We found this house several months ago online just doing our normal "looking to see what's out there". Mike actually found it, drove out one day on his lunch hour to check it out and came home telling me about it. Then that weekend, we just decided to hop in the car for a little joy ride and go take another look. We peeked in windows and I just loved it. Problem was, we had a house to sell first, so we kind of just put it on the back burner. Well, God had other plans for us and here we are - in our new home! We feel so incredibly blessed and excited to have a bigger house. We've been needing the extra space for a while and love that the girls all have their own bedroom again. They love it, too! They now have space in their bedrooms for all their "junk" - and our living room isn't cluttered with toys - which is so very nice!

But, because all of that happened over such a short amount of time, we have been meeting ourselves coming and going it seems. We packed up our old house and moved into the new one in just a couple of weeks. And if you've ever moved, you know how much work that is and how exhausting it can be. But, moving with 3 kids is just plain wild! I always prided myself on being clean and uncluttered. HA! Have you ever started pulling things out of closets and bathrooms and drawers after living somewhere for 7+ years? I got to a point where I was like, "Oh yes, throw away that special sentimental thing, because if I have to pack one more thing I'm going to go postal!" I'm pretty certain I threw away several things that in years to come I'll be sad about. But, for right now, it was one less thing I had to pack/unpack and I am totally ok with it. :)

It was so tiring that one night after we got moved, I went in to take a hot bath and when I got out of the tub, I thought, "I'll just lay down for a minute to cool off" - I woke up sometime in the middle of the night with my makeup still on and contacts still in my eyes. I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the bed.

We are starting to get settled in and really loving the new house. I don't have much up on the walls yet, mainly because I need to buy more pictures and just haven't had the time to go look around and figure out what I want. The girls LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this neighborhood! There are about 4 little girls all around their ages across the street and they are all precious. They get home from school and go outside to play until I force them to come in for dinner and bath time. I love that they are already making good friends. It will make the transition to a new school next year so much easier.

Here's a picture of the new house! So blessed!!!

I'm hoping to get better about blogging now that I feel like I can breathe again. I'll start posting some updates as we get things added to the house and get things up on the walls. It's been a wild month, to say the least, but it's also been awesome. We've prayed about this decision for about 3 years now and we feel like this whole situation was an answer to those prayers. We have learned that patience and waiting on God's timing is always for the best! We look forward to opening our home to friends and family and creating many wonderful memories here - just like we had at the old house. That home will always hold a special place in our hearts - we brought 2 of our 3 girls home from the hospital to that house, hosted countless get-togethers with friends there, had family visit, and shared lots and lots of laughter and love in that home. We will always be grateful for our very first home and all the memories that it holds inside those walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment