Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Yesterday was a great day! I got to celebrate Mother's Day with my 3 girls and Mike. We got up and got ready for church and had a wonderful service. We were challenged to be a Proverbs 31 woman and what a challenge that chapter of the Bible is for all ladies! I don't know about you, but I have a lot of work to do. But, I'm thankful that flaws, sin and all, God loves me and saw fit to bless me with three of the sweetest girls to love and to raise. It's a huge job. One I don't take lightly. One I constantly feel like I mess up. One I pray that even though I mess up, that these girls will understand that God loves them, just the way they are and that they will serve Him all their days. I love these little faces!
Sunday was great, and so was the rest of the weekend. Friday night, our church had Parent's Date night. We dropped the girls off at the church and then met some friends for dinner and games. It was a great time - always nice to have adult time and also know that the girls are having fun and being well taken care of. Saturday, we did stuff around the house and that night I went to a Women's event with a friend of mine at her church. It was a blast! Mike stayed home and played with the girls and got them into bed and I enjoyed a yummy meal and some much needed girl time. It was a full weekend - but also relaxing and fun. The only thing that could have made it better is to have been able to spend Mother's Day not only with Mike and our girls, but with my mom and Mike's mom. Being away from family sure makes me appreciate the time that we get to spend with them, which isn't much. And Mother's Day is one of those days that kind of makes a girl just miss "home". Sometimes talking on the phone just doesn't cut it. But, at least we have that, so many don't and would have given anything to just talk to their mom yesterday. Thankful for our moms and the awesome women they both are - both of them TRUE Proverbs 31 women! Mike and I are very blessed! I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day and got to enjoy a day just relaxing with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment