Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rocco

I forgot one big thing in my post last night! Well, he's a little thing, but big for our family! :)

We had a new family member join us in February as well. His name is Rocco and he's a Yorkie. I always said that if we ever got another dog, it would have to be able to stay inside, not shed and stay SMALL!! Mike's brother and his wife bought a Yorkie and text me a picture of him back in January and I was smitten. I asked Caitlin if the breeder had anymore and he didn't. So, Caitlin, being the amazing sister-in-law she is, went on the hunt for another breeder that had some available. She found a sweet little boy dog about an hour from their house and even worked a little deal with the breeder. She was quite the bargainer! :) I think we traded about 500 texts those couple of weeks between finding the puppy, her picking him up from the breeder and she and Luke driving to Arkansas to bring him to us. Caitlin was a total rock star and even went to pick Rocco up on Superbowl Sunday - when I'm sure she would have rather been home.

We surprised the girls - they had no clue we bought a dog and when Luke and Caitlin got to our house and walked in with the new puppy, they were shocked and SO excited.

He's a sweet dog. Like any new puppy, he can be annoying. We are still working on potty training him - which has probably been the biggest downside of having a small dog. But, overall, he does well and is getting better at letting us know he needs to go outside. I'm certain he thinks he is the size of a Great Dane. He thinks he's pretty tough, but he weighs all of about 5 lbs. and is as cute as he can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment