Monday, April 18, 2011

Dresses

I just had to blog and let you see the dresses my friend Olivia made for the girl's Easter outfits. Here's the thing - I have kind of decided that Olivia is my personal seamstress. HA! I have a habit of looking at these cute, boutique websites for little girls and falling in the love with the clothes, but hating the prices! I just can't bring myself to pay more for a dress for my 5 year old than I pay for mine. I love the styles though, so it's hard to pass them up when they are just so cute! So, here's what I do - I email a picture of the dress I like to Olivia and ask her if there's any way in the world she could whip one up similar. And, what do you know, she CAN! I would give anything if I knew how to sew and create cute, unique clothes for my kids. But I don't - I can't sew a button on, so what makes me think I could whip out a dress?! Enter: Olivia!

I keep telling her that when she wants me to stop emailing her pictures of stuff I need her to make for me to just let me know! HAHA! The first one I asked her to make were these adorable knot dresses. SO CUTE! She found a pattern and made one for Maddie that was absolutely perfect. Here's a pic of my little model in it:



Told you it was cute!

So, then a couple of weeks ago, I spot this dress online and thought that it would be perfect for Easter. Not too dressy so that the girls can wear them all summer, but different and cute enough to wear on a special Sunday. The first thing that pops into my mind is, "I bet Olivia could make this!" And, of course, she can! She had me go pick out my fabrics and then a tank top to match, and voila - 2 days later, she brings me this!



There's one little thing still to add - a clip on flower that will go on the tank and just finish the dress off perfectly. I'll be getting those this week - but even without the flower it's just so cute! When she text me the picture of the dress, I literally gasped - I thought it was the picture of the dress I sent to her and when I realized it was the one she made, I couldn't believe it! It looks JUST like the one I wanted. She's so talented and so sweet! If you are interested in any of her products (she makes dresses, aprons, baby bedding and more!) - you can find her business page on facebook! Just search "Dancing Zebras" and go "like" them! Her quality is great and her prices are as well!

Thanks Olivia for always being so willing to make all these things I email you! :) I appreciate it so much! The girls are going to look so sweet on Easter morning!

1 comment:

  1. So adorable. And unique to only your girls! I love it!

    ReplyDelete