Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Just a quick post to update on the girls first day of school. If I said I wasn't nervous about their first day at a new school, I'd be lying. Although they had both made friends and were super excited, momma was a little nervous about it. As a child, I never had to switch schools. My parents have lived in the same house since I was 1 year old, so I never had to go through what so many kids have. I know kids are adaptable and usually handle change better than adults though, and thank goodness that has been true for my girls, too.

They both had a great first day of school. They were all smiles coming out to meet me and went on and on about their teachers and classmates. God has been so good through this whole entire transition. From finding and buying the new house, making new friends in our neighborhood and now with the transition to a new school. His hand has been in all of it. We KNOW we are right where He wants us!

Here's Macie on her first day of 4th Grade

And Maddie on her first day of 1st Grade

And not to be left out of the whole "first day" stuff - here's Mabrie on her very first day of Mother's Day Out! She was just as excited as the other two. But mainly because she loves her backpack. :)

Praying for a wonderful school year! I love you, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment