Friday, August 17, 2012

Last week of Summer 2012

I guess it's just about official. Our summer has come to a close and this last week of sleeping in and spending the days playing with friends, running around town and just enjoying time at home is over and it's back to the routine. I always look forward to that, but I sure have enjoyed this summer break so much.

I knew that I wanted to try and do as much with the girls as possible this week and we really made the most of our days. We shopped, went to lunch together (several times), made crafts, played with friends, got ice cream, had sleepovers and had a great week together. Here's a little bit of our week in picture form!

On Monday, I ran to Hobby Lobby and got some things for Macie's wall. We spray painted these signs and I made her a cute chalkboard out of an old picture. She loves all of it!

We headed to the mall on Tuesday for some school clothes shopping and lunch

Tuesday afternoon I went to workout and it was "Tank Top Tuesday". This is a joke and if you aren't familiar with Crossfit, the trainers set the workout for the day and if you do it as "prescribed" then you Rx the workout. Well, I NEVER Rx a workout because I just can't lift some of the heavier weights - but I jokingly said the other day that I "Rx Burpees every time" and my friend Annie said that I HAD to get that on a shirt. So, here's what we came up with and it was a great time. All in good fun!

Wednesday, we had lunch at The Java House - a great little sandwich shop here in Greenwood.

Today, the girls and I went shopping again, this time for tennis shoes and then we ran over to Target to look around and grab a few things - lunch included! Sometimes it's nice to just grab a pretzel with cheese, isn't it?!

We have one last thing planned for tomorrow. We are meeting a new friend at the nail salon for a girly day! Maddie and Olivia are in the same class this year and we thought it would be fun for them to meet so that Maddie would know someone before Monday! We are all excited about it and looking forward to getting our toes painted together!

So thankful for the time with my kids! Have a great weekend - here's to a great school year and lots of memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment