Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Busy Bee

For the first time in our lives as parents, Mike and I have reached that "busy every night" phase. There are days where I feel like we meet each other coming and going. Macie and Maddie have both joined after school activities that keep us constantly on the go. Maddie is playing fall soccer and Macie is doing Pittbull Cheerleading. Soccer practice is on Monday nights, cheer on Tuesday/Thursday nights, games for both on Saturday, Church on Wednesday night and Sunday! WHEW!

It's been a wild few weeks and won't slow down until mid-November, but we are loving it. It's been so fun to see the girls find something they enjoy, make new friends and get involved in their community. And because of it, Mike and I have also met several people.

I have also joined the PTO at their school and have kind of jumped in both feet first helping and volunteering up there. I've been to a PTO Work Day where we meet at the school and do all sorts of stuff for the teachers and worked at the Scholastic Book fair last night. I love doing that kind of stuff at the school. It helps me get to know other moms and the teachers, which has been great. I knew the teachers so well at the girl's previous school and just felt at home going in there. It's kind of odd being the "new girl" again, but one thing I've learned in all our moving around is to just jump in and GO! So, that's what I'm doing. :)

I know full well that these busy days with kids won't last forever. The years zoom by and there will come a day when they are off to college or out on their own and we will miss the busyness of these years. So, while there are some nights that all I want to do is stay home, put on my yoga pants, lay on the couch and do nothing, I'm trying to enjoy it all. We are blessed to have children that are healthy and on the go!

For now, I'll grab a few minutes of rest while the littlest one naps before it's time to hop in the car and GO again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment