Wednesday, October 17, 2012

All Things Fall

Hello there! It's officially my favorite time of year, and favorite month of the whole year - OCTOBER! I love fall. The weather, colors, smells, food - every month could be like October and that would be perfectly fine with me. Some days it's warm enough for flip flops and capris and some days it's cool and crisp enough for boots and scarves. It's the best!

We have been so busy the past couple of months and I think I've sat down about 10 times in the evenings after we've put the girls to bed with such good intentions to write something and it just doesn't happen. I'm either too tired, can't think of anything to say, or I just don't want to do the work of writing something and would rather fall asleep on the couch to a good old Friends episode. Macie told me yesterday that she's been checking my blog every day and she really wants me to post something, so here I am! I guess at least I still have one reader that is interested in this little blog space I have here. :)

So, what have we been doing? Well, basically the same thing so many of you have been doing - running to and from about a million activities, practices, games, get-togethers, etc.

Maddie started playing soccer for the first time this fall and she loves it. She's really good, too. She gets right in there and gets after the ball. She's scored a goal and assisted in a few others. Her team is undefeated so far and they are a fun little group to watch.


Macie is still cheering for the Pittbulls. She is having a ball. It's right up her alley - jumping, yelling and dancing with a bunch of sweet girls. They have really done such a good job this year - I love watching her do something that I loved when I was younger. I cheered all through Jr. High and High School and it was such a blast. I have a group of girl friends that I cheered with that I'm still close to to this day. It's a special relationship that I have with those girls and I hope that as Macie grows that she will bond and have life long relationships with some of these sweet little girls, too.

Mabrie has kept me busy the past week or two with potty training. Overall, she's doing great. She wears underwear most of the time and has very few accidents. We are still working on it and I wouldn't say we are "there" yet, but we are getting really close. It's a family effort, that's for sure. Someone in the house is constantly running her to the bathroom and giving her an M&M reward. That's the girls favorite part - I think they may sneak one as a little reward for themselves, too. HA!

I've been running a lot more lately and it's wonderful to get outside and run in this weather. I really do love it. I'm going to try to do another 5k in November and my goal for 2013 is to do my first 10k. Hoping to be ready for that this spring. Maybe early May. That's the goal anyway.

Well, that's the update for now. I'll leave you with this little treat. We had a Duck Dynasty Watch Party with some church friends last week and it was a total blast. Not sure this is our best look, but we had fun nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment