Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas break is officially over at the Cash house. This morning we were back at the schedule and routine of school and I have to say, I think I dreaded it more than the girls. Christmas break wasn't exactly what I had hoped for this year. We spent the majority of it sick and while we had fun, it's hard to fully enjoy anything when you don't feel well.

Mike was off work for 12 straight days, all of which someone was sick. Mike started feeling bad the day before his vacation and called in sick, which is something he very, very rarely does. By that evening, I was trying to decide if we should go to the ER or not. His fever was up to 104.7 at one point and he was feeling terrible. We were able to get his fever to go down some, and he spent the majority of the next 3-4 days in bed or on the couch. During that time, both Macie and Maddie had run fevers as well, but Mabrie and I were holding out and I was so hopeful that we would somehow escape it and have everyone healthy for Christmas.

No.Such.Luck.

The Sunday before Christmas, Mabrie and I were both sick as dogs and I knew we needed to go to Promed and be checked. We waited for over 2 hours in the waiting room to be called back to a room and by the time the nurse checked Mabrie, her fever had reached 104.9. They gave her ibuprofen immediately and had me put cool towels on her face and neck. They also swabbed both of us for the flu, thinking that we certainly both had it. When both swabs came back negative, the doctor was surprised and ordered to have blood drawn (from me) to be 100% sure. The blood work came back showing negative for flu, so it was determined that it was just viral. So, after 3 hours at Promed, we left there with instructions to drink a lot of water, take Tylenol and Ibuprofen and rest.

I can honestly say that I've never felt so awful, and for so many days. Mabrie bounced back a little quicker than me, but not much, and I was sick for a full 2 weeks. It was terrible - and the part that was the worst was feeling bad when we traveled to St. Louis. We always look so forward to our time with family and it was a bummer to feel yucky while we were there, but we made the most of it and tried to enjoy our time as much as possible. It's always good to be with family, even if we didn't feel great.

We had a great Christmas nonetheless. The girls got a lot of fun gifts and loved everything. I got a new watch and perfume from Mike, we also bought new furniture for our office as a gift to each other and he got some new Crossfit stuff from me.

Christmas Eve PJ's

Opening gifts on Christmas Morning







I am thankful that if we had to be sick that it was over a break. I was able to rest and relax for the most part, which I would not have been able to do if school was in session. And I'm VERY thankful that the sickness is leaving our house. I'm praying that it doesn't return.

I hope each of you had a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year! Looking forward to 2013 and praying for a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment