Thursday, January 24, 2013

Randomness

I've just had all sorts of thoughts buzzing through my head today and thought I'd share with all 3 of you that read this.

1. I met Michelle Duggar yesterday. So neat, so challenging. She's an amazing woman of God, a great wife and a great mother. I left the meeting thinking these few things:

A. I have a lot of work to do as a mom.
B. I have definitely dropped the ball in a lot of areas.
C. She may need to come live in our house for about a year.
D. I'm so thankful that God knows our hearts and is constantly teaching me how to be a better mom, wife, Christian.

2. I'm doing a Bible study with some girls from Crossfit. It's on Beth Moore's book, "So Long, Insecurity". Now, I'll start by saying that I never thought of myself as an insecure person. But, I thought that it would be good to read this book and make sure. Umm, I was wrong. Beth is wearing me out. There are things in my life that I never thought I was insecure over. I chalked it up to "I'm just a worrier" or whatever other excuse I could think of. If you have not read this book, do it. Now. There's so much freedom in knowing Christ and that our security is in Him and eternal things. Not our spouse. Not our friends. Not our family members. Not in our money, jobs, and the list goes on and on. It's a great book. I'm learning things about myself that I never even knew. Beth rocks.

3. I'm still coughing, still have drainage, still have scratchy ears, etc. I don't feel bad, but this is annoying. It's officially been over a month now. I'm over it. I'm ready for spring.

4. I love my husband. We are a couple weeks out from our 12 year anniversary. 12 YEARS! Our dating and engagement was 5 1/2 years. That means we have been together for a total of 17 1/2 years. WOW! I love him so much more today than the day we got married. He is faithful and trustworthy. And I'm learning those are 2 qualities that are hard to come by. I do not take them for granted. I'm so thankful for him.

5. I keep hearing stuff about a show called Downtown Abbey. I'm intrigued, but not enough to find out when it's on and what channel it's on. Am I missing the mark here? Should I be checking it out?

Ok, that is all for today. Have a great rest of the week!!

1 comment:

  1. Downton...not Downtown. It's actual title on your TV guide will be Masterpiece Classic. PBS: Sunday nights. Yes, you need to watch!

    ReplyDelete