Saturday, March 5, 2011

6 Months

Mabrie is 6 months old - ALREADY! Where in the world did a half a year go? I'm not kidding, it might just be me, but I feel like it was just Christmas and I turned around and we are nearly 1 week into March. Those past 2 months flew by! And I know that as busy as March is going to be, that it will fly by, too and we'll be well into spring before I know it. Which, is fine by me, cause I've been over winter for a while now. The crazy thing is that if the next 6 go by as fast as the last 6, we'll be celebrating her 1st birthday in no time and I don't know if I'm ready for that or not. It really feels like the time has gone faster with her than either of the other girls and it's probably because we are so busy that we just don't have time to sit and be still.

We have enjoyed her so much and are starting to get to know this new little personality that is emerging! She's gonna be a spitfire, I can just tell! :) She's so sweet but when she decides she's done being sweet, boy can she get mad in a second! She can scream with the best of them, but she can also smile and laugh with the best of them, too! She's so much fun and she wants so badly to keep up with her big sisters. So much so that she's been army crawling for about a month now and I think she's well on her way to the real thing in just a matter of days. She's little and scrappy (as her daddy says) - and that description really does fit her.

She's starting to reach for you when you hold your hands out to her! I LOVE that! It's so sweet! She's also starting to really recognize her own name and will turn to you when you call her. She loves to chew on anything that she can get her hands on - Macie said today, "Mabrie is a lot like Libby (our dog)!" HAHA! She really is - if she can get to it, she'll chew on it!

She still sleeps great - about 12-13 hours at night and usually 2 good naps a day. Sometimes she even throws in a little cat nap in the evenings, but you have to be holding her for that one. I don't know why. Every other nap she wants to go straight to her bed, but the 6 p.m. cat nap, she wants to be rocked. I don't mind though because I don't get to do that much, so once a day is kind of a little treat for both of us! :)

Here's some of her info. Mostly for me to keep track of and be able to look back on and see what she was up to at 6 months old!


Weight: 13 lbs. 11 oz. (10th percentile)
Length: 25" (25th percentile)
Has her 2 bottom teeth
Eating 4 times a day - Bottle (5 oz.) at each feeding, rice cereal w/fruit in the morning after her bottle, and at the 4:00 p.m. feeding she has a jar of veggies after her bottle. Bottle only at noon and right before bed at 7-8 p.m.
Goes to bed around 7-8 p.m. and sleeps until 7-8 a.m.
Loves bananas, pears, apples, sweet potatoes and carrots. Yet to decide if she likes green veggies or not.
Wears size 2 diapers
Wears size 6-9 month clothes and some 3-6 month stuff still works.

We love you so much, Mabrie! You are a little bundle of joy to our whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment