Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Macie!!

On Sunday, March 20th, we will celebrate Macie's 8th birthday! I can't believe it. Just a few days ago I uploaded some of her baby pictures to my facebook and it really seems like she was just that little baby and now she's closer to being a teenager than she is to that little baby in those pictures.

What do I say about Macie?! She's such a special little girl. She is sweet, soft-hearted, loving, dramatic, loud (gets that from her daddy - HA!), smart, friendly, outgoing, and so much more. She's always been so easy to parent. She wants to please us and do her best at everything. It's rare that she gets into trouble anymore. She is a good example to her sisters and I am so thankful for that. She got saved when she was 6 years old and she loves church and learning about Jesus. There's nothing more awesome as a parent that to see your children desire a relationship with Jesus and want to know Him. I pray that she continues to love and serve Him all of her days. That is my greatest prayer for her and for the other girls. I want them to succeed in life, but WAY more than that, I want them to be children that love the Lord with all their heart.

Macie has always been a total crack-up. She loves to act silly - guess she comes by that trait honestly. :) The kid LOVES to eat. And she's always been an expensive date! At 2 years old, if you'd ask her where she wanted to go eat, the answer was usually "Red Lobster"! Mike and I were like, "Come on, Mace, how about McD's like every other 2 year old!" She loves shrimp and has been getting the adult size meal at Red Lobster since she was around 4 years old. We asked her where she wanted to eat her b-day dinner this year and the answer - "Fuji"!! See, EXPENSIVE!! Poor future husband of hers doesn't stand a chance! HAHA!

I think back on when she was a toddler and laugh. For the most part, she was super easy. She did have her moments though. Once (on my birthday) I took her to have her 2 year old pictures taken and told her if she was good that she could have a cookie when we were done. Well, she wasn't a real "gem" during the session so the cookie was out of the picture. As we were leaving the store I went to dig my keys out of my purse and she took off running through the store, forcing me to chase her down through JC Penney's. I got her to the car and walloped on her. I can laugh about it now - but that day, when Mike got home for lunch and told me "Happy Birthday" I just started crying! He asked what was wrong and I just pointed at Macie and didn't say a word. No words were needed - he knew what I was saying and she sat in her highchair a nervous wreck about what was getting ready to go down! HAHAH!!! Momma was crying and daddy was home and she was smart enough to know that things weren't working out in her favor. :)

There are several "funny now" stories like that. Not too many, because she was a quick learner - and because her daddy nipped it in the bud at an early age. So thankful for that! :)

She is such a blessing! Our home and our family got a little ray of sunshine the day she was born. She's a happy little girl and we are so thankful for these last 8 precious years with her! We feel blessed that God chose us to be her mommy and daddy!

Happy 8th Birthday, Macie! We love you and are so proud of the wonderful little girl you have become and pray for the young lady that you are becoming. Now, let's go get some Fuji! :)


2 comments:

  1. Fuji!!? Thats my kinda girl!!! :) Shes so cute! Happy Birthday Macie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that her birthday & Ireland's were so close together! No wonder there best friends...among many other reasons! :) She is such a sweet girl & it's because she has terrific parents. I can't wait to see what God has in store for her! Oh yeah, and Hannah's birthday is next month & she requested a private date at Fuji with me & her uncle Brian too! What are we going to do with these girls??? :) haha! Happy Birthday Macie!

    ReplyDelete