Saturday, September 3, 2011

1 Year Old!!

This time on September 3, 2010, I was sitting in a hospital bed at St. Edward's Mercy holding this little 6 lb. 15 oz., 19" long baby girl.

And just like that, here we are 1 year later and that tiny little bundle has turned into this sweet, busy, talking, walking energy ball of fire that we like to call Mabrie Clarie.

The first year of her life has literally FLOWN by. I don't even believe it actually. I woke up today and thought, "Whoa, she's 1 - what just happened here?!" It's been a great year. She's the final piece to our family's puzzle and she fits perfectly. I knew the moment she was born that our family was complete. And it hit me once she was born that I would have made a terrible mistake had I thought otherwise before that. She's a precious gift. She makes all of us smile every single day. She's a daddy's girl. He said he had to have 3 to finally get one that liked him! :) She's as loud as anything you've ever heard. She's impatient as all get-out. She's funny, silly and sweet. She throws things like she's practicing to be a shot-putter in the Olympics. She walks as fast as her legs will go if she spots her sister's bedroom door open and goes in there like she's on a treasure hunt. She sucks her first 2 fingers all day long. She will go to anyone and smiles at everyone. She has a temper - and I'm sure she'll see her fair share of spankings. (Yes, I said it. Yes, you'll get over it. :))

We love her more than I could put into words on this little blog post. I pray that God would bless us with many, many, many more years with her.

Happy Birthday, Mabrie! We are so thankful for you and are blessed that God chose us to be your mommy and daddy!

Psalm 127:3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment