Friday, September 23, 2011

New Workout and Update

First, the update. I bought skinny jeans. I wore them (with flats) and although at first I felt very weird, they quickly grew on me and I started to like the look. I got them at Old Navy and hope to get to Charlotte Russe soon for another pair. Thank you to everyone that gave such good suggestions!

Now, for the workout. I've been hooked on Pinterest lately. Have you heard of it?? If not, it's basically an online cork board. A place where you can "pin" things that are of interest to you - hence the name, Pinterest. You create different boards and pin things to the board that fall into that particular category. I have a recipe board, a clothing/accessory board, home decor, organization ideas, etc., etc. Click my link above to check out my stuff. :) Ok, back to the subject. I found a pin the other day for this thing called the 100 Workout. I read it and thought, "that looks pretty easy, I think I'll give it a try!" - and off I went. The first thing you do is 100 jumping jacks. Easy, right? Well, about 60 jumping jacks in, I was already breathing heavily, by the time I hit 100, I was sweating. Then you drop to the floor and do a "simple" 90 crunches, followed by 80 squats, and so on - check it out:

Now, the first day I did it, I didn't do the 10 minute run. Mabrie was napping and that night was church, so I didn't get home until late and I don't run alone at night. Safety first, people. The next night, I did the run first, because Macie wanted to run with me and we had to get it in before her bedtime. So I ran a mile and then did the rest. My body is FEELING IT! I thought that since there's no real arm work in this workout that I'd have to add in some weights, but oh no, apparently jumping jacks also work your arms, because mine are killing.

This might be my new workout plan. Most nights, I'll do more than a 10 minute run - I need to get back up to my 3 miles, so it might be closer to a 30 minute run, but the rest of this stuff is great and targets all the important areas that need toning. Give it a try if you are looking for something new. You can do it all in about 20 minutes or so and it really does work. I've got the sore muscles to prove it. If you try it, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Chrissy, I think that I need you to be my Life Coach. I am going to try this today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it, Amy! It's a pretty good little workout! :) Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally trying this. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete