Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for 2012

Every year I make a resolution or two - some I follow through with, some I fail at within days. Last year, my goal was to run 2-3 5k races to get back into shape after having Mabrie. I started running again in the spring (she was about 5-6 months old) and ran a 5k in April, May and then another in November. It feels so good to set a goal and follow through with it.

This year, I am going to really try to lose those last 10 lbs. that are still hanging on for dear life. Even though I run, I don't eat as well as I should, I drink WAY too much soda and I feel like I'm kind of sabotaging my workouts. So, starting yesterday, I went cold turkey on soda and junk food. Now, I can't say that I'll go a whole year without my beloved Dr. Pepper or a bite of something sweet and yummy. I'm not that crazy! My goal for the no junk food/soda is 21 days. I'm trying to go a full 3 weeks (and maybe all of January) eating as healthy as possible. I want to give my body a jump start and I think this is the way to do it. I am also going to try and workout at least 4 days a week. More if possible. I want to live a healthy life and be an example to my girls. By no means do I think I'm overweight - I just want to be as healthy and fit as possible and I want my kids to desire to be healthy as well. I'll update through the month to try and keep myself accountable - if I have to write it down and share with my blog buddies, then I'm more apt to stick with it. I do miss my DP though. And my peanut M&M's are in the kitchen taunting me every time I walk by. Torture, I tell you. Torture.

The next goal for this year is WAY more important than the first one I listed. It's dealing with my spiritual life. I want to pray more. I want to pray for my husband, my girls, my family, friends, the sweet kids in Haiti, our missionaries that are getting ready to leave the US and move their family to Haiti to serve in the orphanage, and so much more. Not just quick, little prayers (and those are ok, we should pray continuously) but spend real time praying over all these things. In order to do this, I'm going to have to let go of some of the things that take up so much of my time - things that don't matter. I need to spend less time on the computer, on my phone messing around and more time in God's Word and praying for people. Big goal - important goal!

My last goal for 2012 is to get organized. We don't have a ton of space in this house anymore - the people outnumber the bedrooms! HA! That is totally fine and I'm not complaining - I'm thankful for our home and I love the memories we have here. It's a happy home. But, it could be a more organized home and I plan to get on top of that. Room by room, closet by closet. It'll take time and persistence, but I think I can do it.

Have you made any resolutions or set any goals for this year? Share away....

No comments:

Post a Comment