Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Junk Food Challenge Update

Well, I'm 1 week in to my 21 day no junk food challenge and so far, sorta good. HA! I have had nothing but water to drink for a solid week now. No soda, no juice, no tea, no koolaid, nothing. Just water. I'm getting bored with it. There have been so many days this week that I've wanted to run in and chug a soda. It's my downfall. I love it. Dr. Pepper may be the greatest drink ever invented as far as I'm concerned. But, I have been wanting to drink more water and less soda and I think doing this challenge will get my body used to doing without it so that when I do have one, it's more of a treat. The first 3 days were really hard. The caffeine headaches weren't too bad, but I just missed having that fizz with my lunch every day.

I've been eating great until last night. I broke down and had a Skinny Cow for dessert after dinner. I figure if I had to eat something sweet, the Skinny Cow was my best bet. At 1.5 grams of fat and 130 calories, it wasn't too bad of a choice. Other than that, if I want something sweet, I've been eating fat free vanilla yogurt with a little low fat granola mixed in for some crunch. I haven't had a bite of fried food, fast food, etc. in a week. Getting tired of salads and turkey sandwiches for lunch, but I'm really trying to complete my challenge and see how I feel at the end of it. I know what I'm eating is so much healthier for me. Lots more fruits and veggies and lots of lean meat - I'm sure my body is thanking me. My mind is coming around - there are days where my mind almost takes over and I dive in to a Big Mac! HAHA!

Exercising has been going well, too. Haven't done it every day this week, just 4 days. I've done a mixture of resistance and running. I'm running my next 5k on March 31st, so I have to keep going on my treadmill to be ready to go in March! I'm super excited about this 5k!! More details on that later - it's one that if you live in this area, you won't want to miss!

So, the biggest news on this whole update is that I lost 3 lbs. this week! WOO HOO!! Felt good seeing that this morning - I guess this whole "eating right and exercising" stuff does work after all! Here's to another week of making good choices! I hope I can keep it up!

Oh and WOO PiG SOOIE! Way to go Razorbacks on the big 2012 Cotton Bowl Win! Lots of excited people down in Hog Country! :)

3 comments:

  1. Try adding lime (or lemon but I love lime) juice to the water...helps break up the boring! WPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always add lemon at restaurants, but forget to buy them to use at home! Great tip - I'm going to the store later today, so I'll have to grab a bag of lemons/limes to jazz it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the 3lbs thats awesome- but I dont know that you NEED to lose any :)

    ReplyDelete