Monday, January 16, 2012

No Junk Food - Week 2 Update

Well, I survived another week of my new year challenge. It's getting easier as the days go on. I still miss my soda - terribly, but all the other stuff (sweets, fast food, chips, etc.) hasn't been missed too badly. Now, I can't say that I wasn't salivating yesterday when all my PS Choir kids and the other workers were enjoying some homemade chocolate chip cookies - I was. I wanted to eat one so badly. But, I also can't make it this far into this deal and mess it up now. So, I refrained.

Here's the deal. My last day is this Saturday. I have no intentions of being this strict on myself for life. Not a chance. But, I've also really had my eyes opened to how much junk I was actually consuming each week and it isn't something I'm willing to do again either. My goal after this is to be more conscience of what I'm eating and to try my best to eat as healthy as possible. I will have soda again. I will have dessert again. Who wants to live life without a treat every once in a while?! Not me. But, I will also continue to make better choices. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Exercise has been going well, too. I ran several days last week and continued with different resistance workouts. I'm ready for the gooey belly to go away. Or if it won't go completely away, that's fine. I've had 3 babies and I guess my abs are never going to look like they did 10 years ago again. But, it can certainly look better - no doubt about that. :)

I'm so proud of myself - it may seem silly, but this is a big deal for me. I'm normally not so disciplined. I give in SO easily. I've now gone 16 days on this no junk food/soda challenge and I've really done it. Sometimes I can't believe I've had the will power.

Oh and I was just made aware that Chick Fil A came out with grilled chicken nuggets. That's awesome - I'll be trying those babies out soon! Anyone had them? Are they any good??

Have a great week everyone!

"So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not satisfy the desires of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment