Friday, February 10, 2012

11 Years

Mike and I are celebrating 11 wonderful years of marriage today! I can honestly say that 11 years later, I love him more than I did the day we said "I do". We got married at First Baptist Church in Arnold, MO at 2:00 p.m. That was the church where I attended from the time I was in the womb and where Mike's family came when he was 11 years old. His dad came to our church to serve as the Youth Pastor and I'll never forget when they first came. Mike was so cute, but 2 years younger than me, so I thought he was just a cute "little boy" - HAHA! Mike's mom was pregnant with Luke, their 3rd child and Mallory was 2 and possibly the cutest thing ever. Who knew that when they moved to St. Louis, that God was bringing me my future husband?! Well, God knew, but the rest of us had no idea what would unfold.

Mike's dad served at FBCA for 8 years and over that time, I became so close to their family. Mike's mom and my mom taught Youth SS together, and were great friends. I used to go stay with Cindy when Mike Sr. would go out of town and help her with the kids. Taylor came along 3 years later and then the twins, much to their surprise, came along 4 years after Taylor. So, Cindy appreciated all the help she could get if Mike had to be gone for any reason.

Mike and I used to hang out all the time - just as friends - but in 8th grade he told a few boys at church that he knew he was going to marry me. They all laughed at him. I don't know if they were laughing because I was 2 years older and so cool, or laughing because they thought he was dumb for wanting to marry such a goon. I like to think it's cause I was so cool - HAHA! By the time Mike was a Senior in HS, it became pretty obvious that we needed to just be together. So, we started dating and never looked back. All together we dated 4 years and were engaged 1 1/2 years. We've been together for 16 1/2 years total. And there's not a thing I would do differently.

I'm so thankful to be married to a Godly man. Someone who leads our family and teaches our girls about Jesus. Someone who I NEVER have to worry if he'll stay faithful or not. Someone who has character and is honest. He adores our 3 girls and would die for them or me. He works hard to provide for us. He is quiet and doesn't seem to mind too much that I am not. :) I could go on and on, but I'll just end by saying that I'm thankful. God gave me a blessing when he sent Mike to me all those years ago. Happy Anniversary, Mike! I love you!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I still remember your wedding! Awesome that God had your love story written & how faithful you both have been to Him!

    ReplyDelete