Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bathroom Redo

I woke up yesterday and got a wild hair to redo our hall bathroom. I've been wanting to make some changes in our house for several months now and finding the time to do it all along with the busyness of the holidays proved difficult. Plus, who wants to spend money on Christmas, travel, and a redecoration project all at the same time? Not me.

Another issue for me is just the whole decorating process as a whole. I know what I like, I just have a hard time putting it all together. I go to a store and about 10 minutes in I just get flustered with where to start and what will look good in certain areas and typically just leave. That being the very reason my house is the same as it was when we moved in - which was 2005. Yes, that's 7 years.

So, yesterday, I decided it was time to start - and I thought I'd start in a small room and get that tackled. I didn't need much, but I knew exactly what I was looking for. Another good idea if you are like me - go to the store with a list of what you want to buy. Makes it much more pleasant going in with a plan. I headed to TJ Maxx and was hoping to get it all in one spot. And I did! YAY! Walked out of there with a load of new towels, baskets, shower curtain, curtain hooks and a frame. All for $85! Even better! Then I headed to Home Depot for spray paint (chocolate brown) because the baskets I bought were kind of a hideous yellow/gold/brown color that wasn't going to work. But the price was great, so I painted them the color I wanted. I had some pictures on the wall that went with the old decor and decided to repurpose those as well. I was looking to go as cheap as possible - that's how I roll. The frames were also spray painted chocolate brown and I went online and printed a couple of cute word art prints for $2.50 at Walmart. I have another one with a scripture verse coming that I'm also going to use, but I don't have that yet.

The bathroom went from red/green/tan palm tree theme to an updated Robin's egg blue and chocolate brown color scheme. I really love it! It's so much brighter and looks nice and fresh. I don't have any "before" pictures, but here's the bathroom now! Next up: Living Room. Lord help me. I'm nervous already.

(Oh and if you notice the gold frame around the mirror - that's getting spray painted, too! Totally clashes - I just need Mike to take it off the wall and I'll get that done next week! :))




No comments:

Post a Comment