Thursday, October 18, 2012

Macie's Spiritual Birthday

3 years ago, this very day, Mike and I sat on Macie's bed and prayed with her as she accepted Christ as her Savior. She was 6 years old and she was completely sure of what that meant and was ready to make the most important decision that any person could make.

Being so young, Mike and I wanted to be sure that she understood. That it wasn't something that she just "knew" from being in church all her life and knowing the right answers, but something that she fully believed and understood in her heart. She was in 1st grade, and while that is very young, she really did "get" it. She understood that she was a sinner. She understood that the only way that she, a sinner, could one day spend her eternity with Jesus was to ask Him to be the Lord and Savior of her life. To turn from her sin and live for him. And she understood that it was only because Jesus came to this sin filled earth, lived a perfect, sinless life and died on the cross for her sins that she needed to trust in Him.

This was a day that I had prayed for since I found out I was pregnant with her. I longed for the day that she understood and wanted to live her life for the Lord. I'm so thankful that she made that decision as a young child. She truly has a heart for the things of the Lord. She told me today that she told her teacher and several kids that it was her spiritual birthday and she's not ashamed. She has a spiritual maturity about her that amazes me sometimes. She talks often about going on mission trips, begging for the day she can go with her daddy to Haiti. She wants to go and I know that once she does, she will have a heart for missions that will continue to grow.

We are so proud of her. She's not perfect. Who is? But, she is a sweet little girl who loves people, and loves Jesus and she isn't afraid to tell you about Him. I could learn something from her. Her excitement of her salvation has only grown over the years - isn't that the way it should be?

Macie - we love you so much. To know that I have an absolute assurance that we will spend our eternity together is a joy that I can't explain. I pray and look forward to the day when your little sisters make that same decision. Just think - our whole family will be together FOREVER!! What an awesome thought! You are a joy to raise and we are so thankful for your influence on people around you, but especially your sisters. They are watching and we know that your good example will help to mold and shape who they become, too! Not that you are responsible for your sisters, but you are setting a Godly example for them to follow and we couldn't be more blessed!

Happy 3rd Birthday - praying that God would use your little life in a mighty way.

3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

I took Macie to lunch at Geno's Pizza today to celebrate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment