Monday, October 22, 2012

The Glamourous Life

Yes. That's me. Glamour girl.

Aren't some days as a mom so very humbling and just plain old gross? The awesomeness began around 10:30 last night. I had just drifted off into what I thought would be a peaceful night's sleep and next thing I know, I hear a little voice utter the dreaded words. "Momma, I just threw up. In my bed."

Mike and I hop out of bed to start the clean up and see what we are dealing with. As she's cleaning herself up in the bathroom sink, it happens again. At least she was at the sink. So, Mike gets her taken care of while I start rinsing sheets, spraying Febreeze and start a load of laundry. It's always fun to do laundry at 11:00 p.m.

We get pukey-pukerson cleaned and set up on the couch, trash can in reach and head back to bed and much to my surprise, she slept all night long. So, when I wake up, I start thinking that maybe it was food related and not a stomach bug. I get her up to see how she feels and she says she's feeling pretty good. I send her to the bathroom and tell her let's see how the morning goes and try to decide what we should do about school. If it was a fluke food thing, she could probably go, but I was unsure. About 5 minutes after she got up, she tears off running for my bathroom and at that point I was very sure that we had a stomach bug and didn't luck out with the random "food didn't sit well" option.

I tell Macie that she's going to have to get her own breakfast and make her lunch because I had a mess to clean up. (She's so good to help me!!) So, here I am, 6:40 a.m., Pinesol, Scrubbing Bubbles, Windex, paper towels and mop in hand. I text a few friends and Maddie's teacher to try and organize my morning. So thankful for friends that will swing by and help get my kids to and from school while I stay home with the sick ones!!

So then, Mabrie gets up and I run her to the bathroom, put panties on her, get her dressed and try to quarantine her from Maddie. I continue on with laundry and sanitizing the other bathrooms and when I finally sat down to rest for a minute, I notice Mabrie standing right next to me with a funny look on her face. I said, "Mabrie - do you need to go pee pee?" And she started crying. So I feel and she feels wet - ugh! POTTY TRAINING! We rush to the bathroom and much to my surprise, my morning is about to get even better. She did have an accident in her panties, but oh happy day, it wasn't pee. No, no, it was diarrhea. Perfect. So, I get that disgusting mess cleaned up. Throw those panties right in the trash. Because I'd rather buy new ones than deal with that. YUCK!!

I throw a pull up on her and about 5 minutes later it happens again. This time, worse than the first, but WHOOP WHOOP - at least it was contained.

Back I go to the washing machine with yet another load of clothes.

It's days like these that you just have to laugh and thank the Lord that for probably 355 days out of the year all of my girls are healthy and happy. Being a momma isn't for the faint of heart. You WILL have bodily fluids on you, you will rinse vomit out of clothes and bedding, you will get on your hands and knees and clean diarrhea off the bathroom floors. It's gonna happen. It's not glamourous, but the other option is that I don't have these 3 sweet girls in my life. I'll gladly take days like these in order to get to be their mom.

Both girls seem to be feeling much better already after nice long naps and I'm praying that it's over as quickly as it came.

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment