Friday, July 30, 2010

Going Stir Crazy

I don't know about you and your kids, but here at our house, we are going stir crazy! It's about a billion degrees outside and by the time it cools down enough for us to stand going out, it's almost bedtime. My girls are getting so bored and the boredom leads to fighting. So, yesterday I had had enough and called my friend Melissa and asked her if she wanted to meet up somewhere and let the kids get out for a while. We threw around a couple ideas (swimming, going to the movies, etc.) and then she mentioned bowling! That sounded perfect! We get out of the house, we stay cool and the kids get a little exercise in the process. I would have loved to have been able to bowl with them, but being 34 weeks pregnant, I thought I better just watch. They really did have a great time. We were gone about 2 1/2 hours or so and it was just enough to break up the monotony of the day. Plus, I got to sit and chat with my sweet friend, so it doesn't get much better than that!

What are some things you do to beat the heat and keep your kids entertained during the dog days of summer? I'm quickly running out of ideas! Too bad we don't have a nice in ground pool - now that would be perfect! :) Maybe someday!

Maddie and Baylor



Macie and Ireland



Snack Time



Enjoying the day out!



1 comment:

  1. I just let Jaben play with the water hose and water the plants and himself in the process.....but I feel your girls are more advanced than that. :)

    ReplyDelete