Friday, July 23, 2010

Maddie

Oh Maddie Cash! Just saying her name makes me smile and laugh. She's quite the little character. You know, when I was pregnant with her, I just assumed she'd be "just like Macie" - (read my previous post to see all about her!). Why I thought this, I have no clue. I mean, God creates us all in His image, but none of us are the same, so I should have known that she wouldn't be like her sister and really, how fun would that be anyway? We all need a little spice in our lives and that's just what Maddie is - a little SPICE!

Madison (Maddie) was born on February 20, 2006 and was 7 lb. and 20 3/4". She came into this world like a whirlwind and has been a little whirlwind ever since! HAHA! My doctor broke my water at 9:30 in the morning (I was dilated to a 4 at that point) and little miss was born at 10:23 a.m.! Yes, less than 1 hour and she was here. I'll never forget the look on my friend Sarah's face when she walked into the hospital room to see me (shortly after she was born) and I was sitting in the bed holding Maddie and Sarah looked at me almost as if she wanted to say "who's kid is that?"! (She had just called Mike when they broke my water to say that she was on her way to the hospital and was so sure she'd get there before Maddie's arrival!). It was pretty funny!

Maddie came home from the hospital and the first few days were just normal. She slept a lot, ate a lot and did all the other baby things! Then about a week in, she just cried all the time. ALL THE TIME! I wasn't sure what to think of this - because we all know that Macie didn't and I was sure that they'd be the same, remember!? I talked to a friend of mine and she said that I might want to talk to the pediatrician and have her check for acid reflux. I finally did ask about this when she was about a month old and after some simple tests, they did determine that she had reflux and put her on medicine. It took a couple weeks to really work, but once it took effect, she was much more content. Thank goodness.

She, like Macie, was a great sleeper. She slept through the night at 9 weeks old and would only wake up on occasion looking for her binky. Again, Baby Wise rocked it out for us in this area! Praise the Lord!

Around 8-9 months old the separation anxiety set in and I'm pretty sure that if you'd look it up in the dictionary that there'd be a little picture of Maddie right next to the definition! :) She cried EVERY Sunday. This went on for a short time - you know, about 2 years. It was fabulous. (Sense my sarcasm). We got to a point around 15 months old where she'd start crying as we got near the church and cried all the way inside to her classroom. Everyone knew that was "just Maddie" and was so good to deal with it. I was absolutely not one to sit and coddle her while she squalled - I was just like "Maddie, get in there and deal." Yes, very loving, I know. She always stopped crying shortly after we got out of sight, but there were MANY things that would set her off again - to name a few: Men and especially men with facial hair, clowns, change of any sort (a new teacher, a new classroom, etc.), those were just a few that came to mind. She even had a couple men at church that literally couldn't get within sight of her or she'd be a basket case. And it was always the nicest, most gentlest men, too. Poor guys, she probably gave them such a huge complex! HA! Thankfully around 2 1/2 that came to an end and she is great now. She loves her church, loves her little friends and has even made nice with the poor men that she tortured for those 2 years! :)

Maddie is just so funny. There are days I look at her and laugh cause she's as cute as a bug. She is a loving little girl. She will come up to me all throughout the day and say "mommy, I didn't get to kiss you much today!" I love it! She loves to sit by me and Mike and just hang out. She is so much like Mike in so many ways. She's hilarious - I mean so very funny, but most people never see that side of her. Out in public, she is shy and won't really act silly, but at home, she's constantly cracking us up - just like Mike! :) She has one of the cutest little laughs you've ever heard. Macie can crack her up and when she gets going, it makes all of us laugh. She has a little temper that flares up on occasion. I'll hear her giving Macie the business and will have to go back there and remind her that she is not the boss, regardless of what she thinks.

Here are some things she loves: Mommy, Daddy, Macie and Libby (her dog), eating - she's a great eater, popsicles, starbursts and suckers - but not the normal colors all other kids like - No, her favorites are the yellow, orange and green! Playing with her friends, going to preschool, playing on the computer, drawing, coloring, taping and cutting paper, wrapping things - I constantly have wrapping paper around the house that she's cut up and used to wrap someone a present, playing outside, talking on the phone to my sister or my mom and dad (you can't get her off the phone either), taking pictures with my camera.

She is a bundle of energy and about as sassy as they come. She brings so very much joy and laughter to our home. Maddie, we love you so, so much! You are such a blessing and we can't imagine what life would be like without you! We pray that one day you will accept Jesus as your savior and live the rest of your life for him. I'm so thankful that you are your own precious little self! When God created you and gave you to us was one of the best days of our lives! We love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. You have the most precious girls. I loved reading about them. Some of the things with Maddie remind me of Kadence and Olivia!

    ReplyDelete