Thursday, July 22, 2010

Macie

I thought I'd do a post on each one of my kids. They are both so special and so drastically different. God has truly blessed us with these sweet little girls and my daily prayer is that they both grow in their faith and live their lives to serve Him! This post is all about Macie - our first born!

Macie was born on March 20, 2003. She weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20" long. She looked like a Cash from day 1 and that hasn't changed. I've had people tell me that she's Mike with pigtails - HA! She was by far the easiest baby, toddler and young child ever. She slept through the night at 7 weeks old and we NEVER looked back. I kid you not - NEVER! The child slept through terrible ear infections, fevers, viruses - you name it, she slept right through it. I don't remember her waking up in the middle of the night until she was around 3 or so because of a bad dream or something and even then, I would just walk her back to bed, give her a hug, shut the door and that was it. She napped really well, too. Dropped that morning nap around 15 months and moved to just 1 nap a day, which usually lasted 2-3 hours. (I owe my sister a huge shout-out for telling me to read "Baby Wise" when I was pregnant with her - she basically told me to read it and do what it says and I'll never regret it. I never did regret it.).

She has always been a personable kid and deals with change so well. She would go to or with anyone that would hold her. Sometimes this actually scared me cause there was a little part of me that wanted her to be a little more afraid of random weirdos in Walmart, but nope, she wasn't - she just smiled, waved or talked to them - ALL of them! She never had separation anxiety. We moved to a new town both when she was 10 months old and then again when she was 2 and she just acted like she'd been there forever. We took her to church and Sunday School and she'd march right in the class and never look back. (Wait till I get to Maddie's post - it's drastically different :)).

She is sweet, loving, funny, smart and friendly. She has done so well since starting school. We couldn't be more proud of the student that she is and is becoming. She's eager to learn and loves doing her best and making us proud. She asked Jesus into her heart last October and really for us, that was the best moment of her little life. Knowing that she understands what Jesus did for her on the cross at such a young age and wanting to live for Him is just awesome for a parent! We couldn't ask for a greater blessing!

Here are some things she loves: Family, her friends, her church, going to school, pizza with ranch, chips and dip, just about anything sweet that I'll give her, American Girl Dolls, the computer, her DS, pajamas, talking to her cousin on Skype, playing outside on her scooter, shooting hoops or playing golf with her daddy, strawberries, music and singing, reading, playing school and so much more.

Macie, you are a treasure to us! We love you so much - way more than you'll ever know or understand. We pray that you will grow into a Godly woman who loves the Lord and serves Him with all your heart! We are blessed to have you as our daughter!

We love you, Macie!

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Macie! I just love that kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macie is precious! Spicer was exactly that same weight and height when she was born! :)

    ReplyDelete